Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update on the Kiddos

Well, she finally started eating again today. Yippee!! She STILL won't talk and she doesn't drink as much as she used to, but at least she's eating more. Baby steps, right? And she was actually a lot happier today than she has been for the past week. It's finally getting a little easier. It was starting to really wear me out! I had to lock myself in her room last night to give myself a little break (and also get more polka dots up on her wall so I can paint soon-more on that when I get it done).



She had 2 helpings of ice cream tonight after dinner (which she ate also). I guess she was pretty hungry! And she stopped for a brief moment to give me a cheesy grin.



Of course, Brynn has been asking me when I am going to put some pictures on my blog of her, so here she is doing her homework. What the pictures don't tell is how long it takes to do her homework everyday. Holy cow!! It is so hard to keep that girl focused!



And, of course, she also has to show everyone that she can cross her eyes. And all the moms in us want to say, "You better stop that, or they'll stay that way forever!".




And Porter can't miss out on any blog action, so here he is playing leap frog with the chairs in the kitchen. Yes, it does seem dangerous. And yes, I did tell him he better not do that or he will fall and hurt himself.



Just a few short hours later, he woke up with a bad croupy cough. I expected it, since he had been coughing all day, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. I had to get a breathing machine and some medicine from my brother's doctors office to give him a treatment. Poor guy! It's gonna be a loooong night!


6 comments:

Moira-Lin said...

I love your background! How did you do that? Croup is not fun. Nights are always the worst for croup. Hope he is doing better today.

Cute But Dorky said...

I LOVE your background!!!!!!!!!!
I wish my husband would pose with me and at least pretend he loved me.

Heather Collins said...

That is so good to hear that she is starting to feel a little better.
I love your background! Way cute!!!
I also love your beautiful kitchen in the pics of Porter. Fancy!!!

Jen said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! I did my background in Photoshop elements and then saved it on photobucket to get a direct link. I totally got that from the cutest blog on the block website tutorial. If you need help doing one for yourself, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Melissa said...

I ditto all the above comments. Your page is SO cute!!! Then again so are YOU!

Sally said...

Way cute background, way cute pics of the kids! And what an awesome mom to handle all that and still be cheerful :) I really am trying to be you when I grow up...