
Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly... Doesn't this cake just scream happiness?! A month or so ago I found this cake on a fabulous blog I was reading and sent a link to my friend, Jamie, because she's kind of a rainbow order freak (I love you, Jamie!). It looked so sunny and bright and happy but I couldn't think of a reason to make it so it just got tucked away in the cobwebs of my noggin. That is until this week when they were asking for volunteers to bring cakes in for the Relief Society birthday celebration tonight. How could I NOT bring this cake?! So late last night I got to work and put it together. Why late last night, you ask? Because that seems to be the only way I know how to do things. I guess that's my creative hour (or hours). Who knows? But I couldn't tell you how many times I smiled and squealed with glee as I was basking in all the radiant sunshine of color. Yeah, it was late. And I can't even tell you how full my "love tank" is from all the kind words the ladies were saying. I guess that's secretly my love language. You'd have to read the book or at least have someone give you a brief summary of what it's about to know what I'm talking about. Oh, and the site that I got the actual recipe for the cake and frosting was here. I love the white chocolate in the frosting... so yummy!











5 comments:
Oooh, I would've tried harder to make it to Enrichment tonight if I knew this masterpiece would be there!
That is an awesome cake! I'm going to have to get the recipe from you.
That looks great and very yummy. I am also impressed because anytime I try and make a cake with more than two layers it seems to topple over. How fun!
Jen...this was so yummy and so daaarrrrling! You are AWESOME.
When I grow up, I want to be like JEN (who has graduated to "one-name" status in our ward. No last name necessary--everyone knows JEN). A major accomplishment.
That cake matches your personality, I think :) Fun, bubbly, but if you think about it, very well put together and hard working!!! You're my rainbow, Jen ;)))
Post a Comment