About a month ago I saw some adorable skirts (and sneak peeks of said skirts) from some friends of mine on their blogs. You know who you are! And I just HAD to find out how to make them. So my friend, Alicia, pointed me to this fabulous pattern from this great website here. Of course I bought the pattern immediately and enlisted some other friends to try it out with me. Holy Moses! These are so fun! I feel like I'm addicted to them now. I am totally loving all things ruffles. Thank goodness I have at least one girly princess daughter who can appreciate these sort of things. Brooklyn has been sneaking her's to try it on ever since I made it. However, I won't let her wear it yet because I want it to stay nice for her easter outfit. Even though easter is on conference Sunday this year and the only thing we'll be wearing that day is our jammies... hey, maybe I should make some easter jammies! That's an idea!
Anywho, back to the skirts. When I showed Brynn the pattern online I asked her what she thought about it. She said, "The skirt is nice, but I don't like all those ruffles." I thought, "What?! This skirt is ALL ABOUT the ruffles!" So, of course I had to find a different pattern for her skirt. But I wanted them to coordinate and I figured it was going to be a challenge finding something that was girly enough for Brooklyn and still simple and non-girly enough for Brynn. What did I do? I took Brynn with me so she could pick out the fabric. I should know better. That little treasure hunt was fun for all of about 5 min. and then she was ready to be done. Go figure! But I have to say that I was more than completely surprised by what she picked out...I WAS SHOCKED!! She found something that had pink in it for Brooklyn and green for her. And it was girly. I could'nt believe it. I didn't even point it out to her because I didn't think she would ever go for it. Who knew? So here' what I made for them. Oh, and I clipped one of Brooklyn's barrettes onto her skirt to tie in the green and see what it would look like. I kinda like it so I think I'm going to make another one and put a pin back on it so I can pin it to the skirt when she's wearing it and then take it off when I wash it.
And because I like this skirt so much, I decided to make one for a baby shower I went to a couple of weeks ago. Along with a coordinating flower pin and barrette for the headband. So fun!


And these last skirts are for my friend, Jamie. Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. Poor thing. She hasn't sewn much in her life and I convinced her that this would be a simple project and that she could totally handle making skirts for each of her 3 girls. She reluctantly agreed with the stipulation that if the first one was a total flop I would finish them for her. Well, let's just say that after 8 hours of working on it and having her machine freeze up on her at the end she was pretty much done. That wasn't a very good day for her, not to mention all the other crazy things that happened after she got home (burned dinner, satellite malfunction, etc). So I made her give me her fabric and I made them all for her the next week while they were out of town for spring break. A deal's a deal, you know?



It's been sew, sew fun to get back into the sewing thing again. I haven't done it in so long and now I just crave new sewing projects. I look at fabric all the time online and drool over all the ones I want to buy. Now if I only had the money to back it up. Oh well, such is life, eh? Thanks, Alicia, for the inspiration to start sewing again!










7 comments:
Thanks again for the adorable skirt and outfit! Haylie's going to be so cute! :)
SEW cute! I love them...I may have to get this pattern for my 3 little girlies. Love the way they turned out!
What cute skirts! Lucky little girls who have a mom that can make such fun things for them.
As always, amazing! :)
cute, cute, cute, CUTE!! Love them all! And the mix of fabrics on the ruffle-less skirt is amazing!! And I really wish I was in your ward so I could have admired (and eaten) that spectacular cake in person!! Woah, Jen, you are awesome!
Jen~
You are TREMENDOUS!!! I just LOVE the skirts....probably gonna have to make a couple of em' for me and Sierra. Let me know when you are on to your next project...I would love to join in the fun.
Post a Comment