I took what feels like a long hiatus from all things crafty for a while with the holidays and all. However, I've been feeling that itch to do something again. It started with this chore board for my kids (which I've had done for a couple of weeks now but am just starting to implement tonight for F.H.E.). I got the general idea from here and then tweaked it to fit my needs and personality. I know, I always do that. I can't help myself!
I already had some MDF wood for the back in my garage. I've also had a 12" x 24" piece of sheet metal lurking around for a couple of years just waiting for the perfect project. So I ended up having to buy 2 pieces of trim board, ribbon, magnets and the 1" square glass tiles (online). Oh, and I had the photos printed at Sam's. They are 12" x 8" each so I combined Brynn's and Porter's to be printed as one 12" x 16" print and then I put a different photo with Brooklyn's to be used in another project (still yet to be determined). I would post all the how-to tutorials on this project, but the website I got this idea from does a much better job than I would do so I'll just point you in her direction again here.
My brother and his wife were getting rid of them and I needed some bar stools so it was a perfect match! Of course, the moment I saw them sitting in their garage I knew they wouldn't stay that way for long. So one night after the kids went to bed I got to work on taking all the old, crusty black vinyl off and then putting on some fresh, new red/white polka-dot fabric with some clear vinyl over the top of it. It didn't take very long, but it makes a HUGE difference in how they look. All I need is fabric and a staple gun and I can change my decor one chair at a time. That was kinda cheezy, I know! Sorry!


The kids were totally shocked when they went downstairs the next morning. They had no idea I was going to do that. It was fun to see their reaction.

Now for my most recent project. Since I already had the staple gun, batting and fabric out, I decided to make some wall art for the pot shelf area in my loft. I took some leftover bead board that my friend Ondrea gave me about 1 1/2 years ago (it wouldn't have to be bead board, but that's what I had) and I wrapped it with batting and fabric and stapled it to the back. But before I did that, I ironed on some heat & bond to the back of a little piece of black fabric and then cut out the word "smile." with my cricut (have I mentioned how much I love that machine?). Then I ironed it on to the front of the orange/red fabric. Easy peasy!


Now comes the hard part... figuring out how to hang it up on the wall! I'm sure I'll come up with something soon.

Anywho, that's all I have for now, but I'm sure it won't stop here. I always have tons of projects on my to-do list. Can't wait to figure out which one to do next!












5 comments:
Amazing! I bet you could make some money on your awesome projects! You are dang good girl! I love, love the smile board!
Can't wait to see you next week!
As always your projects are so cute.
love them all!! your projects are especially great because their so USEFUL! they all look so pretty too :)
So what... no wreath?
You are so creative! I love all the things you always come up with. You are for sure talented in the crafty area!!!! By the way, Porter's valentines were super cute!
Post a Comment