Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're singin' in the rain!

This is what I woke up to find on Monday morning. The kids let me sleep in (because it was MLK day - no school) while they ate breakfast and then went outside to play in the rain. My first thought when I went downstairs and realized they were out in the rain was to yell at them for getting all wet. Then I saw Brooklyn standing in a big hole filled with muddy water and knew what I had to do.... take pictures!!! I went out there, armed with my camera, and told them to just have fun and start jumping in mud puddles. They were shocked at first but didn't waste any time getting down to business. ***DISCLOSURE*** My camera battery was dying and I'm not the best photographer anyway, so a lot of these pictures are blurry. Sorry!

Here's the BEFORE:
Here's the DURING:


And here's the AFTER:


I LOVE the rain!! It doesn't happen here very often so we really get excited about it when it does. And I LOVE that it is FINALLY colder here. I've been waiting for it to start feeling like winter. We have way too much summer here and not enough winter. Yay rain!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds like a fun time to me! We have been getting a lot of rain too! Kind of fun!

Sorry to hear that Dane has Diabetes. I hope things are okay.

Love ya!

Moira-Lin said...

What a great mom you are! It looks like your kids had alot of fun and will remember the time mom told them to go and play in the mud forever!

Courtney said...

What a good mom to not get mad about it and let them have their fun for a moment--don't know if I could do it. Looks like they had a good time.

The Hanson Family said...

You are so dang creative Jen. LOOOOOOVE your blog. Great pics of the kids playing in the mud. What kind of camera do you have?

Jen said...

I have a Canon 30D Digital SLR camera, which I LOVE!! Although, I really need to take it in to get cleaned. Just not sure who to trust with it. I was using my longer lens (couldn't tell you what it's called or what the zoom is on it because I'm not knowledgeable enough in that stuff) on the mud pictures. Thanks for checking us out!

Susanna said...

Cute pictures! You are a great photographer! I'll have to keep that camera in mind for the someday that I get a nice camera. I love the pink cowboy boots! What a great mom you are!