Yesterday, Brynn fell somehow on the stairs and was complaining about her ankle hurting. Of course, me being like my mom when a kid gets hurt, I told her it would be fine if she just layed on the couch for a while with her foot up. Well, after putting ice on it and staying on the couch for pretty much all night and the next morning, it still hurt. She kept limping every time she got up to go to the bathroom or whatever. I decided to call my brother, who is a doctor, and he sent us to get x-rays. A few hours later...it was confirmed that I suck as a mom.
She has a possible fracture on the big bone of her ankle. All this time I was thinking it was probably just sprained. I thought she was just "milking" all the attention she's been getting from having her tonsils out and from having a sore ankle. She did crack me up when we went to get the x-rays done, though. I had to practically carry her from the car to the building and then from the waiting room to the x-ray room. But somehow, mysteriously, she said she was feeling a little better after the x-rays were done and we were heading out to the car. Hmmm?! What could have possibly happened to make her start feeling better during the x-rays? Was is some zap from a laser beam coming down out of the x-ray machine? I don't know! My guess is that it was what I like to call, "mind therapy".









3 comments:
Tyler hurt his hand one time and I just kept telling him to ice it like you did. Well, when I took him to the dr. a few days later he had a boxer's fracture in his hand. I felt TERRIBLE!!! At least you only waited one night :)
Don't beat yourself up too much. I honestly would have done the same. Does that mean we would have both sucked as a mom?? At least we would be in good company.
Like mother like daughter: Reed's broken arm, ruptured appendicitis, just to name a few. I'd never do such a thing, never!!! Except when Maddy broke her leg and after she kept falling when she tried to walk and we took her for x-rays and saw a fracture (she was 18 months), I too got the Mother of the year award!!! We ALL do it, kids over-react, thus we don't...if not, you'd spend your life at the ER...wait, you're already are, aren't you ;))) You're awesome Jen!!!
Post a Comment