
This is a sad little face that we see a lot of this week. Our baby girl just had her tonsils and adnoids removed on Tuesday morning and we had to stay the night in the hospital that night so they could monitor her. The only thing she has eaten very much of is chocolate pudding (as you can tell by the ring of chocolate around her lips). And the only thing she would "drink" in the hospital was ice chips...as long as she was distracted by the T.V. while I was shoving them in her mouth.
We DID manage to get in a little finger nail polishing while we were sitting there in her hospital bed. And as you can tell, she's THRILLED about it..."alright mom, just take the picture already!"
The only time she actually even smiled in the hospital was when the therapy dogs came and did their rounds. She thought that was sooo cool!




Even doing arts and crafts in the playroom was painful. Normally, she totally loves that kind of stuff. It was just so sad to see her this way.
It was so cute, though, when the nurse came in to take her IV out so we could get ready to go home. As soon as he was done, and she was dressed, she went up and gave him the BIGGEST hug and started waving to him. It was like she knew that she was finally going to get out of that place. Then, she couldn't wait to get out and start walking around. We had to wait about 45 min. before we could leave so we just walked and walked and walked up and down the halls and into the playroom. She even went into the playroom just to wave to everyone and let them know she was leaving. But the funny thing is...all this time, even with her excitement to go home, she still had the same look on her face. And she wouldn't say a word. I think it hurt too much.


When Grandma finally got there to pick us up, she gave her a HUGE hug and started pulling her into the hallway as if to say, "Hurry! Let's get outta here!".
Poor thing! She's so miserable! She actually did really well when we got home yesterday. She was playing, eating, drinking and even smiling. However, they say that the 3rd through the 5th days after are the worst and we are definitely experiencing that today. She hasn't said one word today and she refuses to drink anything. I had to force 2 teaspoons of water down her this afternoon with a little medicine syringe. No amount of ice cream, pudding, juice, water, popsicles, milk, even soda can entice this girl to open her mouth today. I sure hope we can make some progress after she wakes up from her nap.












10 comments:
Poor baby. She does look cute though.
OH! Poor baby! :(
Hope she's feelin' better soon!
Cute girl!
That is so sad! You dressed her so adorable to go home. Hope you feel better soon Brooklyn.
What a cutie. Hope she feels better soon.
I just love her curlie hair. It is so adorable.
Oh Jen, that just makes my heart bleed for her. I hope tomorrow is a better day for her. Poor baby girl, that is a very sad face. How is the mommy doing? I know that can been rough on a mom, to see her child go through such things. Hunter and Spencer both have had surger. Hunter has had two of them.
Oh Jen, your poor baby. Her little face just melted my heart. I hope that she feels better soon.
Seeing pictures of Princess Sad Face makes me sad too. :( Poor little girlie! I want to give her a hug! I hope she starts feeling better soon!
Aww! It is so sad to see our little ones when they are sad! She is precious! Good thing it all passes in time. That's always hard. Give her a hug from Mississippi!!
Hey, I just found your blog! It is so hard when kids are sick. Hopefully she is doing MUCH better now. Your kids are adorable :)
She looks so sad!
Poor little thing!
I'm glad that is chocolate pudding on her lips...before I read and just saw the picture I thought that was a huge sore around her lips. It was making me cringe! I hope she recovers quickly.
Post a Comment