Friday, May 13, 2011

Recent Projects

I know I gave you a sneak peek at my current project on my last post, but if you read a little closer I also wrote "I'm always in the midst of many projects all at once". Case in point... I started this little project a few months ago but could never decide on how I wanted to "decorate" it so it just sat on my desk unfinished. Well, I finally figured out what I wanted to do and finished it up a couple of days ago. Isn't it just the cutest thing ever? I found the tutorial here about a year ago and knew I just had to make one (which was totally easy, by the way - except for trying to figure out how to "decorate" it). It is so fun to see it sitting there all pretty on my sewing desk.
And here it is fully functioning.
*****SIDE NOTE**** Porter is so cute about this cake pin cushion thing. Ever since I made the cake part of it he has been begging me to make one for him. Crazy, right? I asked him why he wanted once, since he doesn't sew. He just says he wants one to play with. I guess I could help him make one in more masculine colors, eh? I can see this beeing a cute addition to Brooklyn's play kitchen as well. Oh, the possibilities!

And here's another project that's been on my to-do list for awhile that I finally got around to making. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about my silly magnet faces. I've been working on those too. I just don't have any pics of my progress yet. Here is the "Mullet" dress. It's made from t-shirts.

My sister-in-law, Lauren, found this tutorial a couple of months ago and asked if I wanted to make one with her. Heck yeah! I love all the ruffles! We made them yesterday. In fact, I stayed up past midnight (no surprise there) to finish it so she could wear it to school today. Imagine my total disappointment when she told me this morning that she didn't like it and refused to wear it to school. I just about cried... no lie! When I asked her why she didn't like it, she told me that she didn't like the ruffles. WHAT?! The ruffles?! That's the most girly part of the whole dress. After investigating a little further, I gathered that it's not so much the ruffles as it is the color she doesn't like. More specifically, the grey. Go figure! I'm learning that anything neutral in color (brown, black, grey, etc) is actually a "boy color" according to Brooklyn. She's kind of a freak about that stuff. So after some near tears (on my part) and a little manipulation, I mean persuasion, she decided to go ahead and wear it today for my sake. Naturally, I had to take pictures because who knows if I'll ever get her to put it on again. Oh, the agony!

Anywho, that's all the craftiness I have for today. Have a great one!

2 comments:

Cute But Dorky said...

JEN! That is the CUTEST thing! I am so impressed!

aliciamae100 said...

Love it and the tiny cake stand is adorable too! Afton CANNOT keep her hands off of my pincushion so I'm not surprised Porter wants one. And actually, I remember playing with my mom's when I was little. They are pretty fun!