Sunday, April 11, 2010

Still SEW fun!

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that I've been on a sewing kick lately, right? Well, I just finished a skirt for Brynn and matching dress for Brooklyn the other day and decided that I wanted real "models" to display them this time instead of just hanging them on hangers and taking pictures of them. So after church today we swung by the house so I could grab my camera and then went back to the grand entrance of a local neighborhood nearby so I could get some pics of the kids in their outfits. I realized that it wasn't the best time of day (heat, lighting, hungry kids, hungry husband, etc.) to be doing this but knew that as soon as we walked through the door Brynn's skirt would be off and into the laundry basket and I most likely wouldn't get any pics done today. So, here we go...

Of course, as usual, Brooklyn was not at all interested in sitting where we wanted her to sit and there was no changing her mind about it. Not to mention that she was not at all interested in looking at me either. Oh well.
Here's my handsome boy. No, I didn't make his outfit. But I can't leave him out of the pics, can I? Of course not! And just a funny little side note about this pic... he positioned himself for this one. He did a pretty good job, don't you think?
Here's Brooklyn's dress and matching barrette I made for her. She thought she was sooo big and also posed herself for this pic after watching Brynn do the same thing just a minute before that.
Here's Brynn looking all Vogue-ish with a look she came up with. Do you like her skirt and barrette? And, yes, she did take the skirt off the moment we walked into the house. So predictable (just like her dad!).
And here's the funner side of Brynn.
Now we're getting to the tail end of our photo shoot and obviously someone is less than happy to be here. So I decided to get creative to try and get just one more shot of all of them before we leave. And just what is that creative thing I tried to do, you ask? What every good mom does when she wants her kids to do something they don't want to... BRIBERY! I told them that whoever smiled (or laughed) for the next picture would get some candy when we get home.
Not exactly what I was looking for, but I'll take it. You can't really see it in this pic, but Brooklyn really was trying to laugh through her tears. Let's just say she was D U N, done!

And yet somehow I squeezed just one. more. pic. out of her.
It's been really fun to sew for the girls and I know that Brooklyn will continue to enjoy me sewing dresses and skirts for her. Brynn, on the other hand, would be quite content if I never made her another dress/skirt again. In fact, when I was getting close to finishing up on her skirt over at grandma's house, grandma asked her what she thought about it. Her response? Wow. If only I could type it with the tone of voice she actually said it in. This was not a "WOW! I'm so excited you made me another skirt and I'm so grateful you spent ALL DAY working on it for me!". This was more of a "wow. (insert rolling eyes here) I can't believe you haven't stopped making me these stupid dresses/skirts yet. When will this ever end?!". Oh yeah, it was definitely like that. So I guess I'll just stick to the dressy, girly clothes for Brooklyn and maybe start making some shorts/pants for Brynn. Then maybe, just maybe, I'll get a response from her that makes me feel like she appreciates all the work that goes into the things I make for her. We'll see. I do love that tomboy girl of mine, though!

8 comments:

Cute But Dorky said...

Those are great pics. The group shots made me laugh.

Courtney said...

Very very cute. I saw Jamie's girls' skirts too at church and they look very cute as well, especially the two little ones skirts. We must have had the same idea today because I made my family all dress alike and take pictures this morning before church. I am not awesome like you and just bought their clothes, but they match and I think it is fun to take pictures like that.

Moira-Lin said...

You did a great job :) and I loved the pictures of your kids. My little girl hates when I make anything for her. I made a ton of bows for her hair and she wore a few of them once and then never again. My niece is now enjoying them. I don't know if I will ever attempt to make her clothes, I think I would get the eye rolling thing also! :)

Kelly Inman said...

Brynn's pose is awesome! Good job on the sewing, such a talented girl.

Ondrea said...

LOVE it, Jen. You kids look darling, as always. And fab pics too. Someday your kids will look back and remember all the wonderful things you did and made for them and think "MY MOM is the BEST." The appreciation is coming, I promise!

aliciamae100 said...

I love how these turned out! And your photo taking skills are quite impressive!! Don't hate me, but my sewing room is still just boxes, I really do want to sew with you though! I still need to order my fabric, but I promise I'll do it this week. :)

The Hanson Family said...

Oh! I just LOVE IT!! yOU ARE SO FUN Jen :-) Those babies of yours are so lucky to have a GREAT Mama like you. I was feelin' your pain when you described trying to get the pics out of the kids. Soooo funny :-) Keep the laughs comin' BEAUTIFUL OUTFITS!!

Rylee Inman said...

It must be fun sewing things for your kids! The outfits were really cute!