Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools!


I was in the mood today to make a fun April Fools Day dinner so I found an idea online and had Dane pick up the ingredients on his way home tonight. The menu: fish sticks and peas. What was it really? Sugar wafer cookies, coated in peanut butter and frosted flakes. The peas were laffy taffy that I softened in the microwave and then rolled into little balls. The kids were curious and confused by it at first until Brynn tried one of the "peas" and said, "This tastes like laffy taffy!". Naturally, they asked for seconds of this yummy, green "veggie". We did have a more filling dinner prepared and ready to go as soon as they figured everything out...bean burritos. It was a fun little trick.

2 comments:

crazy said...

Love the April Fools joke. Love he baby chicks. I was 1/2 tempted to gget those for my kids. Next year maybe. I seriously have a ton of birthday princess ideas and stuff I could give you. Seriously Jen I am looking for sombody to throw the theme so I can give them the stuff. Goody bags, and more.

crazy said...

Hey you one more thing you can also barrow any of the tea stuuf that you want I have a bunch already;..