Me: Porter, what would you like to do today for your birthday, after we drop off Brooklyn at preschool?
Porter: Ummm...I don't know...go get Brynn a new bike?
Me: (chuckle) You want to get Brynn a new bike on YOUR birthday?
Porter: Yeah, hers is all messed up.
Me: Well, that's a good idea, now let's think of some other ideas.
Porter: We could go to Walmart!
Me: Walmart?! Why would you want to go to Walmart?
Porter: So we could get me some presents.
Oh, so THAT'S why he wanted to go to Walmart. Smart boy! He really does crack me up a lot. We did have a great day together and had lots of fun doing the things that HE likes to do. We played at the park, ate at Sonic, got a small toy from the store, played with cousins all afternoon, opened presents, went out for pizza, made an awesome car at RideMakerz (a Build-a-Bear sort of place for cars) and finished it all off with cake and ice cream. What a full day, eh? It's fun to feel pampered...even if it is only one day out of the year. Here are a few fun facts about Porter at the ripe old age of 5:
Nicknames:
Porter boy
Porter Dane! (that one gets used the most)
Monkey boy
Favorite Colors:
Black, mostly, but also blue and red
Favorite Shows/Characters:
Anything Super-hero
Ben 10
Transformers
Phineas and Ferb
Favorite Activities:
playing on the computer
building Legos
playing "house"
playing with cars and little people
watching t.v.
Destroying things
Things I love about Porter:
Although he is very destructive and mischievous, he is also very loving and thoughtful. Just this morning, he offered to give his sisters some of his birthday balloons that he had just received so they wouldn't be left out. He always comes up to me and gives me a big hug and tells me he loves me. He's a bit of a "Drama King" and yet still very rough and tough. I really love my little guy! Even with all the stress and frustration he causes me sometimes, his sweet and generous nature makes up for it 100 times over. Happy Birthday, Porter Boy! You are a joy and a blessing to our family!! I love you!









8 comments:
Happy Birthday Porter! I can't believe he is five already. I remember when we were both pregnant. Seems just like yesterday....
What a cute boy! Sounds like he had a fun day! Happy birthday again Porter!
Happy Birthday Porter! What a sweet boy to want to buy Brynn a bike. You are my kind of boy!
that really sounds like a great birthday! And I'm glad we don't have to get bigger just because we turn a year older. ;) Happy Birthday, Porter!
Happy Birthday Porter! It sounds like you have a very fun day. Lily really liked the cupcakes you brought to preschool!
You did a great job on the video of his pictures. I'm going to be singing that song the rest of the day now. :)
Happy Birthday to Porter! Sounds like he had a fun day.
Jen you are just too much fun! And I just love Porter!!! That kid makes me smile so much!! LOVED the slide show! Too cute!! :) Happy Birthday Porter!!
Happy super late Bday Porter! You are my favorite Carlson nephew for sure!
Post a Comment