Saturday, January 3, 2009

Frequently Asked Question about the weight loss blog

Private or Public? The question has been brought up a couple of times as to whether the weight loss blog should be private or public. To me, it doesn't really matter. I don't plan to post my weight or size on there, just how many pounds or sizes dropped. And as for my "before" photo, I figured that most people see me in all my fatness everyday anyway, so who am I hiding from? But I'm totally o.k. with making it private if most of the people wanting to be a part of it want it that way. What I have envisioned for that blog is a place for us to share recipes, encourage each other, make us accountable (because I know I'm not going to want to be the weak link that isn't progressing ;)), share helpful tips, and basically be each others cheerleaders. I plan to add anyone who is wanting to participate as authors so you can all post anything that you might feel is helpful to the group. So I guess what I'm asking is...Do you want it to be private or public?

5 comments:

Sally said...

Don't care either way!!

Natalie said...

Naaah! Doesn't NEED to be private. I don't plan on being terribly specific. If someone feels REALLY STRONGLY that it should be public, then okay. However, think of those that don't have the courage yet to join... they still deserve to be inspired! :)

I do plan on giving you my photo soon, by the way! I'm dreading it, just so you know! :D So I'm putting it off!

Amy said...

If it was private, then I would feel like I was in a special club or something. LOL! But, really, I don't care either way. I'm not going to post anything on there that I wouldn't on my own and mine's public...well, maybe not the pictures.

Jen said...

Why dread it? You'll be really glad you took a picture of yourself at the beginning so you can see the difference when you get done. It's pretty motivating!

Muche said...

I dread the picture too: I think I'll take it, then wait till I look skinnier and THEN post the old one. Keep it public, I don't care if people laugh with us ;) I did put a blog patrol on mine, so that I can check if there are any strange things. But, it's fine like that.