
I just took this picture with my phone because I was too lazy to get into my closet to get my camera down but, hopefully, you will still be able to tell where we are at on Santa's list. Brynn has 4 "nice" and 2 "naughty" and Porter has 5 "nice" and 2 "naughty". The scribbled in line on Brooklyn's naughty column is Porter's attempt to reward his own good behavior...obviously he can't read just yet. So far, things are looking up for them. On any "normal" day (is any day really ever normal?) the "naughty" column would be overflowing with marks, but I think it is starting to sink in with them that Santa REALLY WON'T COME if they aren't good. Today, I called them down to get their clothes and take them back up to their rooms to put away. Normally, it would take Porter SEVERAL calls and even some yelling to get him to come down but today he practically RAN downstairs to get his clothes and take them back up. WOO HOO!!!! Now what am I going to do once Christmas is over?









2 comments:
HOLEY CAMOLEY!! I'D SAY THOSE WERE SOME POWER RESULTS! I HAVE TO TRY THIS! My kids are making me cah-razy!! Though, I doubt I could be so lucky that Lily would grasp the concept. Still, one would get it and that's enough to get me through a couple of hours of the day! :)
Way to go Brynn and Porter! I guess they really do want Santa to come.
I guess, you'll have to keep it up after Christmas. Just adapt it a little. Try buying some cheapie dollar store toys and use those as incentives or maybe a date with mom/dad or something like that. I'm doing that with my kids and it's amazing the change in behavior especially with Jordan. Alexa's still a bit young to grasp the concept, but Jordan's taken to it.
Post a Comment