Saturday, December 27, 2008

Excitement!






EXCITED doesn't even scratch the surface of the emotions I'm feeling right now.

1. Because I figured out how to create my VERY OWN blog background (http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ has THE BEST tutorial for creating your own background!);

2. Because even though I absolutely LOVE Christmas, the rush and deadlines of getting gifts ready is finally over;

3. Because I am so happy with how Brooklyn's kitchen turned out (There were some shady hours there that I didn't think it was all going to come together);

4. Because my kids were THRILLED with their gifts this year and it didn't matter if some of them came from thrift stores and yard sales (***little side note***Porter was with my mom and I when we picked up a tool bench from a yard sale about a month or so ago. I didn't want him to see it, but he is very observant and sniffs these kind of things out. He totally wanted it, but I knew I wanted to give it to him for christmas so my mom told him it was for someone else. Yesterday morning Dane asked him how he liked his tool bench and he said that he LOVED it and that it looked like one grandma had gotten but gave to someone else. Dane said, was it the same? "No, it was a little different...it didn't have any tools." There you have it! Everyone's happy!);


5. Because I got to go on a date with Dane tonight, which doesn't happen as often as we need it.; and

6. Because I have such AWESOME friends that I know would move mountains if I needed it.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I love what you have done with your blog. I need to check that out sometime. I guess I am just lazy. I did get the cricut design studio for Christmas. i am so excited about it, but have not used it yet. I hope you had a wonderful christmas, it looks like your kids sure did.

Amy said...

Way cool gifts for your kids! You should bottle your creativity. You could make a fortune!

Sally said...

That background ROCKS! You are awesome, when I grow up, I'm going to be you :)

Lori said...

I'm not sure how, but I stumbled across your blog. Totally cute background. I might have to try that. I also LOOOOOVE the kitchen! Too cute!